PK in PK
Contributed by: Pooja Kashyup
Dated: May 27, 2016
Someone opened a door and led me into a new world. “Project KHEL”, that voice had said!
Alright, so let me explain about this new world first then, we can talk about the other amazing things! I say “new world” in the sense, that whatever I have learnt till now, seems useless and things are completely DIFFERENT here at Project KHEL.
The theories that completely fail here:
- People are mean and self-centered; they do whatever suits them best.
- It is always better to keep your mouth shut if you don’t have something relevant/significant to say.
- Your problems are your own. No one else cares.
- People don’t usually like the ones who tell them about what they did wrong.
- Accepting/Taking help = you are not enough for yourself/you are weak.
Things are completely different here:
- People here are self-less.
- ‘Keeping your mouth shut’ is appreciated at many places, not here.
- Your problems are not your own, if they are affecting the work you do.
- ‘You have a weakness’ and ‘you are weak’ are completely different things.
- Critical comments are respected and encouraged.
I have been difficult or let’s say ‘partially shut’ to people around me. This, I was being continuously reminded of, to loosen up, and then it came like a hard blow, “PK, this is very frustrating, you know!” Surprisingly, I showed no signs of guarding up; I knew it was true and I needed to work on it. And, truthfully, I felt respect for that person, possibly because it was said in a way, where the intention of helping you to grow was very clear.
Team- The Project KHEL team is the best one can ever have. Each and every member is dedicated, hard-working, smart-working, laced with sheer passion, child at heart, caring, responsible, punctual and more.
- It’s not an ‘I’ but a ‘We’.
- There are good days and bad days. And we learn from both.
- We motivate each other; criticize each other; praise each other; help each other; care for each other; play with each other and grow together. We treat each other like friends and love each other like family members.
- Everyone is equal; we don’t have a senior junior concept.
- It’s not just an NGO; it’s so much more!
The more you know them, the more they inspire you.
Me- When I was one month old at this organization, I was like:
- I am not a ‘good’ influence, if I am an influence at all.
- How can I teach kids Life-skills, when I am myself bad at those? Inter-personal Relations? Ye kyun hota hai? and effective communication? I am not good at communication, forget effective communication.
- Other facilitators are super-humans!
- I have never played any game, let alone sport; ye naa ho payega!
Thankfully, that’s not me anymore! (Ye kahaani fir kabhi! )
P.S. – You Woke Me Up
No Longer Tired
With You I Feel Inspired
You Help Me Find My Fire